Thursday, June 21, 2012

Back to blog!

Ok! Really! Now that I have the blog app, I am going to really try to blog. I love facebook, but would like to be able to share more detail. I'll keep FB for those little status updates and some photo's, but use the blog to tell more about those status updates and photo's.

I guess I will back track a little. Last week (wow, is seems like much longer ago) we went back to Edisto Island, SC with the Hedden and Hinkle's. This time our fourth family was the Whitehouse's instead of the Kerr's. The last time we did this trip Ay and Ry were 2 (3 years ago). We had a great drive there. 10 hours 20 minutes and only a few stops. No traffic! We woke up at 3 and was on the road by 3:45am. The only bad thing on the drive down was Kodah did get car sick after going through the mountains in Ashville. Once he got sick, we covered his window so he couldn't look out of it and he was fine the rest of the way. The week went by way to fast! We had a few rainy days, but other than that the weather was perfect! Around 80! One rainy day we went to Charleston and another rainy day we just vegged in the house and played games. The boys loved the ocean! We got to see some dolphins that looked like they were so close to the beach. One even jumped all the way out of the ocean!! It was awesome! It was a great vacation! On the way home, the drive took almost 12 hours! The traffic was CRAZY and then we got held up in construction for 1.5 hours. The boys did good in the car. Way better than I had expected.

No comments: