Monday, July 16, 2012

Camping at Winton Woods

Last weekend we went camping at Winton woods. It's just outside of Cincinnati and we met Darin, Heather and family. We got there Fri. Around 6. We had pizza for dinner and got everything set up and the kids rode bikes and played on the playground. We all stayed up late and then around 6am there was a downpour! Other than being loud, it didn't bother us and the kids slept through it. Darin and family were in tents and it was coming in and also woke everyone. Anyway, we got up around 7:30 and made sausage, bacon, and pancakes. Yummy! Since it didn't seem like the rain was letting up, we decided to go to to Darin and Heathers community center. We got there and were "wowed" by how awesome the center was. We dropped the kids off in childcare and Heather and I went to run on the treadmills. Darin and David hit the rock climbing walls. After that, we picked up the kids and went to the indoor pool. The kids had a blast! And how weird that I saw a guy I went to school there, swimming with his gf and her sister and kids. Such a small world! After we left it had stopped raining, but we didn't go back to camp until after dinner. On the way back the kids fell asleep, so we transferred them from car to camper and everyone was crashed for the night. David and I cleaned up outside and Darin packed up his families stuff and he headed back home. David and I went to bed shortly after. Luckily there wasn't any more rain and everything was dry when we packed the camper and headed home. We had a very lazy rest of the day. Sadly, I didn't get many pictures. It really didn't feel like a camping weekend.. But, still fun.

No comments: