On Saturday morning, there was a 3K in Lexington called the Shamrock Shuffle. It was cold and raining and I definitely would have skipped out on it, but so many people I knew had signed up that I went on out and braved the weather. I hate being cold and I knew that when I ran I'd warm up, but I just couldn't stand the thought of freezing before and after. So I wore two pairs of pants, a short sleeve, long sleeve, short sleeve, fleece, and a rain jacket, gloves, and a baseball hat! I was comfortable until the run. Towards the end I thought I may have over dressed, but that was maybe only the last 5 minutes when I had to take off my gloves. Other than that, I was perfect! I ran the whole thing, trying to miss the puddles in 19:09. It was slow, but I'm just happy I showed up. After the race we all went to Cheap Side and ate lunch. It was a lot of fun. Then later that night mom came and watched the boys while D and I met up with some of my co-workers. I think this is the most I've ever celebrated St. Patricks Day!! Too bad the weather was so nasty, because the boys would have loved running around and watching the parade. Oh well, maybe next year!
After the race, we tried to stay dry!
Lunch

My cousin and her hubby! This was her first ever race. She did awesome!

The boys actually acted half way decent at lunch! Except for pouring the salt out of the shakers!

Before the race!

One more ..
No comments:
Post a Comment