Thursday, March 12, 2009

Catch up and Skate night

I've not been updating as much as I should. I've got to do better!! Not much exciting has happened since I got my haircut. Most people love it. I've had a couple comments that it's too dark. I really love it.

Last month I signed the boys up for a Kindred Music class. I had cabin fever and knew they'd enjoy getting out and doing something fun. So, we signed up for a 6 week course. The class is 45 minutes long. The first night A was a little sick, so I didn't take him. R and I went by ourselves. It was fun and R was really good. The second time we went, D went with us. I thought the boys did ok. Not the best behavior, but they are 2 year olds that are never in that kind of environment. D thought they were "bad". Well, this week (tonight) I went with just A and R. Luckily A and P were both going with B. So, I thought it would be ok having them there to help me. Well, it was a disaster!! Neither one of the boys wanted to go to A and P. R was attacking the teachers 20 month old daughter, trying to hug and kiss her. She freaked out and screamed and cried. I couldn't control R, because A wouldn't get off my lap/leg. CRAZY! I just held R's shirt while he leaned toward the little girl saying "hug", "hug", "hug", etc, etc. I think if she had just let him hug her, it would have been ok and he would have left her alone. He was puckering up too. It was so funny, so cute, but so embarrassing too. I apologized to everyone after class. D not going is not an option anymore. If he has to work late again, we just won't go!

Last night, I went roller skating! It was a lot of fun. A friend from work had recently taken her son and thought it would be fun to leave him at home and have an adult night of roller skating. It was fun. I've been ice skating more recently than rollerskating and for some reason the 4 wheels were harder for me. It felt weird. I got kind of bored just going around in circles, but it was fun. We also played a game of laser tag. That was the most fun! I actually ranked 4th place out of probably 25 people. At first I was getting drilled, but then figured out if you were on the move, you were pretty much dead. So, I just stayed in a few corners and shot everyone going by. It was a blast. Here are some pics that were taken.

I'm just standing in the background watching them play DDR. Those are two other Lxk people.
This is X. She organized the outing.

Me posing in my skates.

Before the game



No comments: