Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a happy new years eve! We went to A &P's. The boys made it until 9:30pm. Then we put them to bed. Everyone had a good time playing rock band on the Xbox. I only played the drums and was horrible at it, but it was so much fun! D played the guitar, drums, and sang! We finally went home around 1:30am. It's so nice to just walk across the yard and get in bed without having to drive anywhere.

This has been a big year for the boys. They learned how to walk, celebrated their first birthday, and started talking. They are getting better every day. They are always surprising me with things they've learned. A couple of days ago, A was sitting in my lap and I had on a blue sweatshirt. He pointed to it and said "blue". Then the same day, R picked up a yellow puzzle piece and said "yellow". They also know a few shapes that I didn't realize they new. The same puzzle mentioned earlier has a circle piece. R pulled it out and said "circle". Anyway, I could go on and on... They are now 21 months old. We weighed them the other day. A was 31lbs and R was 24. I think that's what they weighed at 18 months. I'm noticing them growing out of their clothes, though. Well, especially R, because he's been wearing pj's from last year that are 6-12 months. They are almost too little for him now.. finally!

Silly me!

After a day at the Lexington Children's Museum, Expolrium

We couldn't believe they fell asleep with us holding them and were able to just lay them on the couch. I guess they were played out!

We gave the boys freedom downstairs. It's not going so well!

No comments: