Sunday, August 12, 2012
5k PR
Saturday was the midsummers night run in Lexington. The boys went to a sleepover at a friends house and David and I both ran the race. Normally the weather is so hot for this race. It was only 70 degrees at start time, which was 8:30!!! It was an unusually cool day for August! I had no idea how well I'd do and didn't really care. But, I had a friend that was running and I knew she would run faster than me. So, my only goal was to keep her in sight. And I did most if the way! I finished in 29 minutes! Back in 2009 before getting pregnant with Kodah, I ran a 5k in 30:04. So, I now have a new PR! This one will probably be hard to beat. Most races are in the morning and I'm not use to running then. I think the cool weather and start time helped me on this one. Anyway, I'm very happy!!! It was so hard though! I had to dig down really deep to keep up that pace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment