Sunday, September 28, 2008

5K, Ouchie, Oopsie, and sickly

So, for starters, I'll talk about running the Race For the Cure 5K on Saturday. I had no idea how I would do. My best 5K time on the treadmill was 32 minutes and 15 seconds. I had hoped to at least do that good, but A and R have been sick and Thursday night and Friday night we were up with them many times. Friday night I felt like I was up ALL night! So, I was pretty beat down. I turned my mp3 player up as loud as it would go, and just ran. The entire time I wanted to stop and take a break. Mostly I was just tired. Cardio wise, I was fine. When we drove in that morning we saw the 2 mile marker, so I had made up my mind that if I needed to take a break, I'd wait to that point. The first time I looked at my watch I was 15 minutes in. So, I thought I was at least close to half way done. Then I thought I was never going to see that 2 mile marker. Finally I did and looked at my watch and saw that I had been running for 24 minutes. I thought to myself that I couldn't be running that slow, so something was going on. I decided to just push through and not stop for a break. Finally I rounded a corner and could see the finish banner. I then knew for sure that the 2mile marker was wrong. So, I tried to pick up my step a little. I finished in 31 minutes exactly! That is my best time EVER! Go me!

Now for the ouchie.... Am was nice enough to come watch the boys while we went and ran the race. While we were gone, A fell and bit his tongue. It looks so bad! Well, just a huge line across his tongue. She said it didn't bleed long and that she put a cold rag on it. He is always sticking his tongue out and doing crazy things with it. He hasn't acted like it bothers him though. See picture below!


OOPSIE! Well, for some reason I forget that A is tall enough to get stuff off the counters if it is close to the edge. Last night I was making myself a hot dog. I had put the ketchup and mustard on it and was putting those back in the fridge. A pulled the paper plate off the counter! He was very upset. See why in picture below!

Back to the boys being sick. They have had the nasties! Runny nose, coughing, fever (R only). R was so sick on Friday that we took him to the doctor. We didn't get to see our Dr. and I was not impressed with the one we saw. But, anyway, his ears and throat looked good and his lungs sounded good, so he told us just to give him Motrin or Tylenol for his 101.6 fever! He is feeling better today. A is a day behind him I think. They are both on the road to recovery though. They aren't caught up on sleep yet. We all slept in this morning until 8:30am! But, by 11:30 they were ready to go back to bed.. The picture below is a very unusual site! They are watching their favorite cartoon, Little Big Foot. That is the monster truck "Big Foot". Talking trucks, what could be better than that! They are obsessed with cars and trucks. For Christmas I'll have to get them the movie CARS.. I'm sure they'll love it!



1 comment:

D'ann said...

You did an AWESOME job running! I was so impressed with your time! Keep it up!