Monday, September 8, 2008

Running

For my record.... So, I've been trying to run "faster". Just so I can see myself getting better, I wanted to keep record of my running times. I've been running twice a week for the past 4 weeks. The first time I really tried to push myself a little and just run a 5K my time was 35 minutes and 15 seconds. That was on the Tuesday before my real 5K. Then I ran the DBPF 5K on Saturday at 36 minutes and 26 seconds (note, this was outside and on a hilly coarse). Then I ran the next Thursday (long break!) and my time was 34 minutes and 18 seconds. Then I ran today, Monday, and my time was 33 minutes and 16 seconds! So, I am improving. It is hard though. We are going to run the Susan B Coleman 5K in Lexington on Sept. 27. I haven't really set a goal for time, but it should at least be better than 36.26! My ultimate goal is to run a 5K in 30 minutes on the treadmill. Once I've done that, I'll really feel like I've accomplished something. I think I could get there, but I've got to run more than once or twice a week!!!!!! I may try to run slow tomorrow and then run for a better time on Thursday. I don't know if I should run two days in a row, but it's probably the only way for me to get 3 days in, since we go to the gym Mon, Tues, and Thurs!

No comments: