Friday, September 12, 2008

A Better Run Time

I didn't end up running on Tuesday. Instead, I just did the elliptical machine. I was just too tired. Running takes it out of me, so I have to have at least one day in between. So, that brings me to yesterday's run! Once again, I had a goal to go the distance of 3.1 miles. Things started off bad. I always have to chew gum while I run, or at least like to. I forgot to bring a piece in to the gym with me. Then, I usually go upstairs at the gym and run on a treadmill and plug my headphones in and watch music videos. I went upstairs and all the treadmills were gone!!!!!!!!!! I headed back down to the cardio theater room to see if maybe there was an open treadmill in there. I saw a gym employee and asked them what happened and he said they were bringing in all new treadmills. Ok. Luckily there was a treadmill open. The movie that was playing was going off when I started my run. No one restarted it until 25 minutes into my run!!!!!!!! So, the whole time I had to just run and look at my time and my speed and talk to myself.. lol. It was horrible!!! However, I did beat my time once again and ran my 5K in 32.30!!!! YEA!! This time I walked the first minute and then didn't stop the rest of the way. It was difficult! But, I did it! So, I guess I don't have to have gum after all. Don't have to watch videos. And don't have to run on a certain set of treadmills! Maybe I can even run on my treadmill at home! Nah.. I'm sure I couldn't! If I get motivated to run at home, then I'll know I have finally caught the running bug!!!!

2 comments:

Hmachine said...

LOL!!! Good job!!! You are going to beat me in our Race in November. I better start running :D

Did you have a good conversation with yourself???

Love you!!!!

Brian Landwehr said...

What race is in November? J & I are running fools now (or maybe just fools). If it's in/near town, would like to run also. Good Job Shiloh. Sorry we couldn't make the bash this weekend but see my blog and you'll see why. Later, B & J