Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Garage Sale

On Saturday, David and I had a garage sale. I knew we had some stuff I wanted to try and get rid of, but I had no idea I had SO much stuff I needed to get rid of! I took the day off on Friday and after taking the boys to their 18 month appointment, I took them on to the babysitter and came home to get stuff ready. Mom came over to help me. I hadn't done anything up to this point to get anything ready! So, I went through the attic and closets. Dragged everything downstairs. I had so much stuff I didn't know what to do with it. When David got home he brought some of the bigger boxes and entertainment center down. We figured we'd get up early and get everything sorted and out of boxes. David set his alarm for 6am. At 6 the alarm was going off and I was mad that he wasn't turning it off. He wasn't there! Turned out he was up since 5 because he couldn't sleep. He said it was like Christmas.. lol. So, I dragged out of bed around 6:20. There were people out there wanting prices at 7!! I told him to tell them to leave, because it didn't start till 8! Anyway.. our garage sale was very successful!!!! We made $750! We took one small load to goodwill. One small tote came back inside, and all we have left is some tables and the weight bench. I was so happy to get rid of all that stuff!!!!! And have some shopping money! Of course, David would only give me half to spend and the rest has to go to bills! I told him he took the fun right out of it!! lol

2 comments:

D'ann said...

That's AWESOME!!! I'm impressed with you guys; i don't want to deal with all the work for a garage sale (it takes a LOT!) - but, BOY!! The people at Goodwill just LOVE me!

Hmachine said...

Good job!!! If I had any money I'd say let's go shopping, but since I don't, I'll say have fun shopping. I'd have a garage sale, except all the stuff we would get rid of is junk. :) Not really sellable. :)