Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Running milestone!
I've not been running very much. Well, I try to run twice a week. Usually one of those days are ok, sometimes good, and the other day I'm usually lucky to get 2 miles in. I don't know why that is! Anyway, last Monday (a week ago) I ran my 3 miles in around 31 minutes. I can't remember exactly, but I felt pretty good. On Tuesday I went to body pump and that was the last day I worked out until yesterday (Tuesday). I knew I needed to run and thought it was going to be terrible. But, I walked 1 minute and then set my speed to 5.8 and ran. I sped up to 5.9 for 10 minutes, but got a side stitch so just went back down to 5.8. After I got to three miles, I thought I'd go ahead and see if I could run the entire 40 minutes that I had set the treadmill time for. I DID IT!!!!!!! So, my time was 40 and I ran 3.84 miles. With the 1 minute walk at the beginning I figure that was .04, so I ran 3.8 miles in 39 minutes! Now I wish I had just went ahead and increased the time and ran 4 miles, because that would sound better. But still! I RAN almost 4 MILES!!!!! I would have never thought I could do that!! Of course, now my goal will be to just get the entire 4 miles in! I was also surprised that I could run for 39 minutes without stopping too!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's awesome!! You're doing great!
I haven't done that distance in a LONG time!
Post a Comment